|Job Title:||Contracts Administrator III|
|Closing Date/Time:||Fri. 05/28/10 5:00 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:|| $4,695.00 - $7,042.42 Monthly |
|Job Type:||Non-Union Regular Full-Time|
|Location:||4012 SE 17th Avenue, Portland, Oregon|
|Reports to the Manager of Contracts in the Finance & Administration Division and Procurement and Contracts Department. |
Work with agency departments and project managers to prepare, negotiate and administer contracts of a complex nature including construction services, professional services (architecture/engineering included) and information technology. Provide technical expertise and guidance on contract matters to contract administrators with less experience. Provide guidance to agency departments and project managers regarding procurement policies and procedures. Perform related duties as required.
1. Research, prepare and issue complex solicitation and contract documents in accordance with department policies, current federal and state laws, TriMet Contract Review Board Rules (TCRB), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) contracting regulations.
2. Stay abreast of changes in federal and state laws affecting TriMet contracts and FTA requirements, rulings and interpretations. Update contracting procedures and manuals as directed. Develop contractual language and clauses necessary for non-routine procurement actions. Obtain concurrence of General Counsel's office where needed.
3. Provide assistance to agency project managers in developing statements of work, schedules, work orders, and other contract requirements. Conduct pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences and assist project managers in answering questions and clarifying requirements for potential bidders and proposers.
4. Assume lead role in evaluating bid and proposals with assistance from TriMet project managers.
5. Analyze cost proposals including the elements of cost, i.e. direct labor, overhead, and general and administrative rates.
6. In conjunction with project managers, develop pre-negotiation strategy, position and conduct negotiations with selected proposer. Make final determinations regarding responsiveness and responsibility of bidders/proposers and document appropriately. Prepare contract document and obtain required signatures.
7. Assist in bid protest resolution in accordance with TriMet's bid protest procedures.
8. Terminate contracts when required, negotiate settlement with contractor based on termination type and contract terms, and prepare termination settlement and closing documents.
9. Work with agency departments and project managers to forecast needed contracting actions. Assist with maintenance of department database in order to accurately track status of all contracting actions.
10. Provide procurement training, both formal and informal, to agency departments, project managers and department personnel as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or related field.
Six years experience in competitive procurement and/or contract work including professional services and construction. Course work in contract formation, contract administration, negotiation, and cost/price analysis.
Additional years of job-related experience may substitute for degree.
Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO).
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
|Type of Position/Grade/FLSA/Selection Process:|
|Exempt Non-Union Regular Full-time|
Candidates will be selected based at minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review
2. Resume/Cover Letter
3. Supplemental Questionnaire (Attached)
4. Panel Interview
5. Background Check/Reference & Degree Verification
It is your responsibility, and to your benefit, to describe in detail how your education, training and work experience meet the requirements of the position for which you are applying. If applicable, please provide at least ten years of your work history, including any volunteer and internship experience you may have. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and letters of recommendation with your application.
Each online application is permitted five attachments, however each attachment is limited in size to 5MB (approximately 10 pages with no color included). A second option for attaching multiple documents is to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attach them to your online application. You may also fax your materials to 503-962-3477 or 503-962-7440. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes will not be considered in lieu of a completed application.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we currently only contact applicants who are highly qualified and most closely match our job requirements.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Persons needing an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process should contact TriMet Human Resources staff at 503-962-7635, or the TTY line at 503-238-5811. A minimum of two workdays notice prior to the need for accommodation is required.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including the elderly and persons with disabilities.