|Job Title:||Executive Director, Capital Projects|
|Job Type:||Non-Union Regular Full-Time|
|Location:||710 NE Holladay, Portland, Oregon|
TriMet is a municipal corporation providing public transportation for much of the three counties in the Portland, Oregon metro region. TriMet operates a multi-modal transportation system that provides more than 100 million boarding rides per year. This extraordinary organization has earned international recognition for building a world-class transit system in a large metropolitan area where livability and preservation of the quality of life are taken very seriously.
The agency’s Capital Projects division has successfully developed and constructed four light rail transit lines in the excess of over $3 billion dollars, including its latest transit project, the Green Line, an 8.3 mile project. The division is currently in the preliminary engineering stage of two key projects – Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail a $1.5 billion project and the light rail component of the multi-state Columbia River Crossing project. The division is also involved in planning future transit projects, large and small, serving its customers. TriMet is looking for a leader and innovator to oversee these upcoming and future capital projects.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated senior leadership in directing and managing all aspects of planning, financing, design and construction, continuing TriMet’s leadership in creative designs that are sensitive to context and that transforms communities. As a member of the executive team you will help set strategy, policies and direction for major capital projects and the agency.
To apply, please visit our website at http://trimet.org/jobs. Persons needing an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process should contact TriMet Human Resources staff at 503 962-7635, or the TTY line at 503 238-5811. A minimum of two workdays notice prior to the need for accommodation is required.
1. Member of the agency's executive team; participate in the creation, development and achievement of corporate strategy and policy.
2. Direct TriMet participation in regional efforts to plan and develop major transit capital projects. Manage acquisition of property, negotiation of contracts and intergovernmental agreements. Establish and maintain effective internal and external communications.
3. Develop, plan, and set priorities, budgets, and schedules for TriMet's Capital Improvement Program. Direct Division activities in the following major functional areas:
- Real Estate and Right of Way Acquisition
5. Apply current management, engineering and construction approaches and utilize new information, ideas, and techniques to achieve desired results.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, urban design, management, or related field. Master's degree desirable.
Ten years experience in a senior management position. Emphasis on project management, transportation, transit, or rail development desired.
Additional years experience in a position with complex capital project management challenges may substitute for degree.