Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yet more Rose Quarter after-action

Needed a few more at MAX crossings for trains coming in & out platform on west side of Rose Quarter, but we sufficed with what we had.

(Assigned to the westbound max platform -operator window)

Great operation this time! Nothing of note. Bus traffic did a great job keeping speeds low, trains slowed as prescribed coming into the platforms, all involved helped out getting gates set up & torn down, assignments went smoothly (best I could tell)…now unless you could do something about the wind chill…brrrrr!


Are there plans to get NRV 520 replaced? Sometimes it’s a minor inconvenience, sometimes it’s a bit more…I believe we’re short two vehicles on the west side. This concludes my soapbox presentation. Thank you.

Overall a good night, except for being 28-30 degrees. Quite unforgiving for folks standing out on platforms checking fares.. Another reason the need for a heavy coat..

Fare sales were brisk due to the fact of folks not having fares. We wrote warnings to anyone who didn’t have a fare and gave the option once again on buying the fare after the fact.

Marketing came out an placed A Boards on the prior-platforms letting people know that fare was required, it sound like it will be an ongoing thing until we go to enforcement.

TPD showed up for post 2 units, and had one custody when we left.

·     RQ-Holladay platform hardening fare inspection approach
·     ‘Ask Me’ volunteers supplements CS ranks and allowed good coverage in Lloyd-NE7th corridor, plus coverage at Square South (first we’ve done since Free Rail ended) and Yamhill District.
·     High percentage of arriving customers at Rose Quarter had their fare
·     Number with no fare (120) was an increase from previous game, but ridership was significantly higher than the previous game.
o     42 arrived westbound without fare. A dramatic improvement. It’s usually been at least 125.
o     78 arrived eastbound without fare. Higher than we usually see by about 10-15%.
·     Game lasted 2:24.
·     Blazers made dramatic comeback and won in the last few seconds. High percentage of the crowd remained until the end.
·     TPD presence on post-event was helpful.
·     Crowd was well behaved and prepared to show fares.
·     Post-event service went well. Although service begins to thin as we get closer to 22:15.
·     Supervisor held the 22:19 NB Yellow which arrived as the game ended. Service was about to go to 35 mins. We were able to get 150+ customers on board, then extra service bus was used for subsequent customers.
·     WB extra was used in the immediate exit and was very well used. Subsequent Willow, PSU and Hatfield trains followed in good order, and a very large westbound crowd was safely and efficiently on its way.
·     EB service had a brief delay when a track occupancy issue near Interstate needed to be resolved. When it was, our EB extra was the first train and it arrived to a very full platform. Subsequent service went well. Green and Red Line customers made it on their trains without an extended wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment