The Internal Audit Department serves as a resource to management in providing special reviews focusing on financial, operational, contractual, or regulatory compliance. To accomplish this purpose, a portion of the annual audit budget is set aside specifically for audits and reviews initiated through special management requests. Examples of areas of assistance include: claim file review, annual Broker Cost Statement Certification for MTP, print vendor controls over fare instruments, and reviews of various policies and procedures.
To assist management:
- To help ensure an appropriate control environment exists in order to support TriMet in achieving its business objectives.
- To facilitate improvements in the effectiveness and quality of operations.
Part of our ongoing mission is to:
- Collaborate our efforts with management in identifying key business risks and exposures facing the Agency.
- Provide independent and objective appraisal, auditing, and consulting services.
- Assist management by furnishing them with analysis, appraisals, recommendations, and counsel concerning the control environment and business processes under review.