Living Together Guidelines
Living Together Guidelines December 2012
Employee Work Spaces
1. Use appropriate voice volume in your work space and in aisles.
2. Use headphones for electronic devices and keep all personal cell phones on silent/vibrate.
3. Keep work surfaces tidy and professional.
4. Keep personal/work items within the height and perimeter of your work space.
5. Coats should be kept within personal work space.
6. TriMet will not service or maintain plants in the indoor work environment.
7. Conference Calls on Speaker Phone must be conducted in an enclosed room.
8. Bikes are to be stored in designated areas; no bikes to be brought inside of buildings or into work
spaces. Day lockers are available in the bike enclosure on a first occupied basis and should be used
to store wet rain gear.
9. No use of space heaters is permitted anywhere in the office facilities.
Common Spaces and Aisles
1. No furniture or equipment can be added to aisles between work stations.
2. No furniture or equipment shall be added or relocated within common spaces.
3. Collaboration areas are intended to be easily available for “point-of-use” lay down of large
documents, set-up of portable computers, etc., and should be cleared of all work equipment and
supplies upon completion of collaborative work.
4. Hotel Stations are to be used for temporary or for “touch-down” space for TriMet employees who
have a permanent work space in an alternate location.
5. Break Rooms are designed for all food preparation and dish cleaning.
6. TriMet will provide microwaves, toaster ovens, chilled water dispensers, and refrigerators in each
large break area.
7. Coffee availability and servicing will be determined by each building committee.
8. Conferencing spaces are intended to be open for all use—no room is to be designated for exclusive
use other than when scheduled through the designated procedures.
9. Huddle Rooms are meant to be used for private phone calls, impromptu two to three-person
meetings and spontaneous conversations. These rooms are unassigned and unscheduled.